Discuss New tap problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PETEWEST

Just fitted new taps in basin and bath ,if you turn basin hot tap on slightly it dribbles, vibrates and makes a painfull noise but turn it on a bit more and it shoots water out and both noise and vibration disapear.also when you turn on basin cold tap slighly you get a dribble but once you turn it a tiny bit more water burst out with such force it wets everthing in sight:(.the basin cold water taps works fine when the other cold water tap's are running in the house or when the toilet is been flushed and the basin hot tap works better too. i dont know a awfull lot about plumbing but could it have something to do with too much pressure because when other taps or toilet is been flushed the problem goes away.please help if you can cheers.:eek:

were did you get the taps from,what make,design are they,presume washer and not disc

I bought them from b&q they are azure make i think thats all the box said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought them from b&q

Think that may be the problem :(

washers/jumpers inside taps to loose and sticking,being pc,a quality control issue would think

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way i can fix the problem or will i have to get some new taps.

You could fit new tap heads of better quality,the 1/2" thread should be standard on the tap bodies,isolate water,remove tap head,take to plumbers merchants and they should have a replacement cartridge in washer or maybe disc form,if you can get same stem,existing heads will fit on new inners/cartridges

imho

Have you got isolation valves fitted in conjuction with the taps?

YOu could try knocking these down a touch

In all honesty though it sounds like you have purchased some taps made very cheaply in the far east.

Take them back to B and Q get you money back then pop in to a decent merchant and have a look through a brochure or two of a decent brand

Taken taps back to b&q had a hell of a time trying to get my money back ,they said because they had been fitted that i had to get in touch with manufacturer.Had to explain that i didn't know they were faulty till i'd tried them.But they said they would only exchange or refund if they were faulty but hadn't been fitted ,crazy or what:eek:.Argured a while talked to the manager and explained i couldn't tell if the tap was faulty till i fitted it and finally got refund.went to local plumb center and got some better taps and they work just fine,thanks for the advice.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New tap problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
The only hot tap that doesn't give constant hot water in the house is the bath tap. It gets hot for seconds and then goes lukewarm/cold. The...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock