Discuss Mixer Shower Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erp

I recently bought a property with a relatively new mixer shower. I've retained this and simply changed the exposed pipe and rose to concealed pipes behind the wall and a fixed arm. Now that i am in the property and actually using the shower i am finding that it starts really well, great pressure and temperature but after about 5 minutes the pressure drops to a dribble and comes back sporadically. I noticed this happened this morning when i tried to cool the temperature down a little. (although, i did do this after about 5 minutes so it may just have been coincidence)

Any ideas what the problem is? I asked a plumber yesterday but he wasn't sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We've only tried to use the shower 3 times, and it's happened each time.

When we ran the pipes and connected it to the fixed arm we tested it to ensure it was working before enclosing it with pboard and tiles. It ran fine but we didn't leave it running for a decent amount of time. It's really frustrating because it works perfectly at the start then eventually dies out.

if the shower works ok for 5 mins then it would seem to be fine are you sure there are no problems with the combi like the 3 way valve.

Get someone to see if it's the boiler which is shutting off, may be a poor flow through the shower problem

how has somebody picked up on a thread started such a long time ago? This has happened a couple of times today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer Shower Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock