Discuss Leaking MegaFlo Cold Water Combination Valve - help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hbutler

Hi

I'm after a bit of advice please.

I have a MegaFlo CL170 Indirect unit.

I've just discovered that the pressure reducing valve cartridge has been leaking for some time. I've taken it off, cleaned it (it was full of rust and gunk), added some PTFE tape to the seal and then put it back, but it's still leaking. And seems to be leaking more now that it was before!

I called Heatrae Sadia who would charge me £220 to replace the whole unit, but I'm wondering if anyone has any different advice?

I've checked on ebay at it looks like the cartridge is somewhere around £90. Do you think if I purchase a new cartridge and fit it myself this will fix the leaking?

Many thanks for the help.

More the question should be: Should I be working on a Stored Unvented Hot water vessel, if I am not qualified to do so? This type of system requires an engineer with a G3 qualification.

Completely agree.

Post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking MegaFlo Cold Water Combination Valve - help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016...
Replies
Views
R
Hello Everyone. I humbly come to post needing your advice on a rather urgent issue I have regarding my cold water tank in the loft. Basically, a...
Replies
Views
Back