Discuss Lagging Pipes ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RayWhite

Hi All

I am a DIYer and today I have been lagging pipes ready for the winter , can anyone tell me should gravity feed and expansion pipes be lagged ?

Thanks

Ray

Hi Ray White
You should also lag the pipes connected to the hot water cylinder for 1 metre from the cylinder or upto that point if less than that and concealed in the wall,as part of energy efficiency.

lagg it all or if we get a bad winter you will be wet and calling a plumber

Don't lag under the storage tank/cistern in the roof space. The rising heat from the rest of the house coming through the ceiling underneath it, is meant to stop it freezing.

But do lag it everywhere else.

Make sure roof space lagging doesn't block the eves ventilation or you might get condensation.

If the sides of the tank sweat with condensation consider fitting a drip tray or making a bund.

Make sure your by-law thirty tank/cistern vent and overflow screen are clear and all lids are tightly on, before lagging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lagging Pipes ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock