Discuss Ideal Classic NF80 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jnw

I have been called out to service an Idel Classic NF 80 boiler
wich was not working. When I undone the control box so that it was
hanging on its wiring the boiler started up as it should. so I put the contol
box back in position and then nothing so undone the control box again as
before and the boiler stated working again. So I checcked all the connections and all the wires for continuity and all seems fine but when I
Screw the control box back the boiler fails to start. I have been in contact with technical support and they say it must be a loose connection but I still have not found one. Has anybody had a problem like
this or any idea what it could be.

Thanks Jeff

Well if you can not find a loose connection ,it is probably a dry joint on the pcb,remove pcb board and resolder main connection points and relays
Some would say just replace pcb

I have been called out to service an Idel Classic NF 80 boiler
wich was not working. When I undone the control box so that it was
hanging on its wiring the boiler started up as it should. so I put the contol
box back in position and then nothing so undone the control box again as
before and the boiler stated working again. So I checcked all the connections and all the wires for continuity and all seems fine but when I
Screw the control box back the boiler fails to start. I have been in contact with technical support and they say it must be a loose connection but I still have not found one. Has anybody had a problem like
this or any idea what it could be.

Thanks Jeff

Had a similar issue with an ideal elan, again pcb flap down it worked fine, pcb flap up it was clicking and clunking, it turned out to be the aps wires, but I changed pcb and harness and it was fine mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Classic NF80 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock