Discuss Hot Taps Connected to Electric Water Heaters - 3 feeds? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JSPM

I need to change taps in a commercial premises. The hot feeds on the monoblocs are connected to electric "HeatRea" water heaters. Therefore there a two feeds into the the base of the tap from the heater for the hot, making three in total; including the standard cold feed.
I have yet to take the taps off to inspect so I thought I'd ask advice first as it is a time critical job, i.e. overnight.
So do I need to purchase a special tap for such a feed or can I link the two heater outlet pipes/tap feeds into one pipe first and then connect as you would for any "normal" domestic tap?:)

can only assume without further information, that the tap has the join between the hot secondary flow and return, directly below. hence the 3 pipes!
if this is so, then standard taps are fine.

shaun

nope u cant these are special venting taps that drip most of the time if you do connect to an ordinary tap the heater will blow up , the tap has a rod that goes through the tap body and fitting underneath so no washers ! , also the bottom connection on the fitting connected to the tap is cold main in, the next one up is cold to heater and the one above is hot from heater

hope this make sense and helps !

forgot to add same principal for the tap with flexible hoses from bottom just got to read what ones go to what

Last edited by a moderator:
nice one daniel, ive learnt something else today.cheers

shaun

nice one daniel, ive learnt something else today.cheers

shaun
suprised youve never come agross these shaun what they actually do is shut the water supply to the electric heater and leave an open vent frrom heater to tap
its like a remote over sink unit thats how i work out what goes where im my head

Super thanks for that danielp. I think it makes sense i.e that heater needs a vent for the stored water. The problem the client has is that the the taps are old/knackered and drip most of the time / have trouble turning off.

So any ideas of a good mail order co. / national trade co. that can supply such suitable taps?

Hi

I just fitted a Vented tap and asked a simlar question here before fitting as I was unsure on the matter and found some useful information on the web

I fitted a Santon from Plumbercentre and the instructions clarified what I found on the Web

a type of unvented hot water
don't you need a ticket to work with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Taps Connected to Electric Water Heaters - 3 feeds? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

K
    • Optimistic
hi. i am putting a loo in my garden office but only have a cold water feed. can i get hot water without using one of those triton wall mounted...
Replies
Views
karen mcavenue
K
Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my...
Replies
Views
I had a new electrical water heater (Rheem) installed in our apartment - before it was inside the closet, but now we installed in the basement of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm really needing some advice please. I'm trying to connect an instant hot water tap, but haven't got as far as switching the tank on yet...
Replies
Views
Any plumbers can advise the best way to convert the current mixer valve tap to cold water supply inlet for electric shower. I have mixer valve...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock