Search the forum,

Discuss Help please – new boiler installation problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the responses and apologies for the delay...

TRVs were fitted by a different engineer in March. All radiators got hot with the old boiler after fitting the new TRVs.

Boiler installer claims to have balanced the system.

The flow temp is 43'C and return 42'C.

I can force hot water to the radiators that aren't working by closing the TRVs around the rest of the house.

Thanks,
Chris

no competent engineer would think those measured flow and return temps are correct , they are far away from being correct, so i would asume your engineer does not fully know what he is doing.

In my teens means over 30 years ago. I haven't got the slightest clue what it was called, and it has probably been superseded by something that has been superseded since. If you can come up with a half decent reason why it would be of any importance to heating engineer what courses he did 3 decades earlier in other disciplines, I'll have a look to see if I can find it.
In the mean time, your silence about how you commission a boiler speaks for itself.

you may think your a expert on here but your not endearing yourself to your colleagues ,you come on here and start slagging off respected members instead of trying to educate them in a friendly and helpful manner,now unlike you i have nothing to prove because i have something on here you dont, respect and in my expert opinion you are being a complete prat

Definitely gas safety approved and recommended by Remeha. But the guy is clueless. Gas safety not interested in doing an inspection - I have asked them to do one. Remeha not interested in inspecting - I have asked them as well. Installer a CIPHE member - they were not interested either. The only people who have been any help were Trading Standards with generic advice. Hence my posting on here because I have lost my confidence in the installer and had no support from elsewhere...

an "expert" who thinks everyone who knows less then them is a fool ...
I certainly don't think everybody who knows less than I about ch is a fool. But I do think that amateurs that clearly demonstrate they don't understand the basics and then try to tell a professional he doesn't know his business, are fools. They are like people without a driving license commenting on the driver; worst kind of backseat drivers in the world.

Definitely gas safety approved and recommended by Remeha. But the guy is clueless. Gas safety not interested in doing an inspection - I have asked them to do one. Remeha not interested in inspecting - I have asked them as well. Installer a CIPHE member - they were not interested either. The only people who have been any help were Trading Standards with generic advice. Hence my posting on here because I have lost my confidence in the installer and had no support from elsewhere...
In that case, sad but true, your only real option is to find a good installer and ask him to check and rectify what is lacking.
Bear in mind that before you can hold the original installer responsible for the costs, you need to give him 3 chances to rectify himself if I recall legal precedent correctly. Best to check this out with a legal expert.
One thing you may want to gamble a few quid on, is getting an independent RGI out to do a tightness test and a flue gas test. 10 minute job so shouldn't cost the world. If either of those fails, get it in writing and contact GSR again straight away, as well as HSE.

You definately need a 15/60 pump because the avanta plus is fully modulating and if the flow is slow through the boiler it will sense this and run at a reduced capacity, so he should of allowed for that in his quote .If you haven't paid him in full i would give him one more chance to rectify the wiring issue,and if that fails get someone else to put it right and take it off the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please – new boiler installation problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock