Search the forum,

Discuss Haven't eaten these in about 30 years in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

True lancastrian delicacy. Cant find them anywhere else and the yorkshire missus has never heard of them.

kudos points for any non lancastrian who can name em and when they're traditionally eaten.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 114
Are they split pea's...traditionally eaten with your roast without the Yorkshire...lol regards Turnpin:8:

Look like dried peas. Need soaking and boiling, ready for the fish and chips :)

Looks like rabbit droppings ,,,,,,, but i tasted my first reeces pieces today mmmmmm

parched peas

Soak em for 24 hrs then boilem and add loads of vinegar and eat em

Not really a main meal is it. Why don't you just have fresh peas? Is there a war on?!

Not really a main meal is it. Why don't you just have fresh peas? Is there a war on?!
nay lad we eat em traditionally on bonfire night in Lancashire. Popped in my head for some bizarre reason a few nights ago. So thought i would buy some.

Have some in the cupboard here Jules, absolutely love them. Always buy them the local fair at Easter as well. Went to Bury market a few weeks ago for some Fatty black puddings as well, mmmmmm.

nay lad we eat em traditionally on bonfire night in Lancashire. Popped in my head for some bizarre reason a few nights ago. So thought i would buy some.

Same thing happened to me the other week. I ended up eating a multipack of curlywirlys

Have some in the cupboard here Jules, absolutely love them. Always buy them the local fair at Easter as well. Went to Bury market a few weeks ago for some Fatty black puddings as well, mmmmmm.
Ya cant beat proper black pudding used to by it on tommyfield market in oldham which is where i grew up aswell for my gran when i did her shopping but havent been in about 10 yrs since she passed away god bless her.

I find it funny i only live in bradford which is about 30 mile away and no ones ever heard of black peas.

Be interesting to see what regional foods are around that nobody else eats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya cant beat proper black pudding used to by it on tommyfield market in oldham which is where i grew up aswell for my gran when i did her shopping but havent been in about 10 yrs since she passed away god bless her.

I find it funny i only live in bradford which is about 30 mile away and no ones ever heard of black peas.

Be interesting to see what regional foods are around that nobody else eats.

I draw the line at cow heel, elder, tripe and trotters.

I had tripe in spain a few years ago just about edible as it was done in a casserole. But def wouldnt try the others. My gran used always go on about having sheeps brain on toast as a kid. Not sure i could stomach that

I had tripe in spain a few years ago just about edible as it was done in a casserole. But def wouldnt try the others. My gran used always go on about having sheeps brain on toast as a kid. Not sure i could stomach that

Another thing we had every night for tea was '**** with sugar on' that's what my mam told me every night when I asked the question.

My old man used to love lambs brains. My mum cooked them with onion, turmeric and a bit of red chilli, and eggs so they'd end up like spicy scrambled eggs.

But the texture of the brain was bloody horrible! Eeeuuurghhh! Still shudder at the memory..

Steak pudding chips peas and gravy Oww I miss you lol
You wouldnt believe this but when i was in Goa there was a place in Candolim called ruffles owned by a bloke from bolton that did one of the best home made steak and kidney puddings ever.

You wouldnt believe this but when i was in Goa there was a place in Candolim called ruffles owned by a bloke from bolton that did one of the best home made steak and kidney puddings ever.

Only a northerner would travel to goa and eat pie and chips!

Lol I'd of been there all re time love them
Can't get them here

Just not the same as a chippy one but mate

Aint that the truth.

Mi old man has a few houses he rent out in oldham. Always get pudding chips and gravy when doing jobs there

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost had pie and mash last week in Romford Market but was overruled, next time will be MY choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Haven't eaten these in about 30 years in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the system in just over 30 years ago, everything was bought from the then local fire shop, installed with lots of advice from them, the system has worked...
Replies
Views
We have had a minor water hammer issue for years but it was never really a problem until the last year or so. It is so loud it sometimes make you jump, it's driving us crackers. It happens sometimes when we use the electric shower or washing machine but then it's not at it's worse. It never...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock