Discuss Grundfos Selectric UPS 15/50 Central Heating Pump Constantly on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sid79

Hi,

I have a Grundfos Selectric UPS 15/50 Central Heating Pump, with a Baxi Solo 2 PF40 boiler. Unfortunately the pump is running constantly. The pump was replaced in June.

On a side note, the boiler overheat thermostat and sensor have only just been replaced (this was to attempt to fix an intermittent boiler lockout, which unfortunately still seems to happen, it has run fine for the last 2 days and has locked out again (in theory it should work ok for another 2 days!)) I have noticed that there seems to be a sound not dissimilar to air in the flow pipe (I cant see or feel any water leaking out), when this occurs the pump seems to have excess noise sounding like a mixture of water and air.

I have two questions

1.) What could be the cause of the pump running constantly? (Faulty PCB?!)

2.) Could a leak within one of the joints in the flow pipe cause the boiler to lock out?

Thanks in advance

Simon

yes and unlikely could be the answer ,but i suspect it maybe wired incorrectly if you have a iffy zone valve this could make your pump run constant ,maybe there is air in the system which can cause lockouts, try bleeding the system lowest rad first

yes and unlikely could be the answer ,but i suspect it maybe wired incorrectly if you have a iffy zone valve this could make your pump run constant ,maybe there is air in the system which can cause lockouts, try bleeding the system lowest rad first

GasMarc, Thanks for the reply. WRT to the lockout its a strange one as its intermittent!! Will try bottom to top and see what happens! With the pump the engineer used the same connections as the old pump to the terminal box I'm assuming I can check the connections using a multimeter to see if they are all working?

there should be a switch live there ,also regarding locking out it could be a faulty overheat stat or not enough water in the system,an iffy pump could also be the problem or if the system is mucky, but by the sound of what you say it sounds like air in the system

It will be the PCB, the pcb controls the pump overun on these boilers and sometimes doesnt switch it off, get a gas safe guy to replace it and will be fine.

there should be a switch live there ,also regarding locking out it could be a faulty overheat stat or not enough water in the system,an iffy pump could also be the problem or if the system is mucky, but by the sound of what you say it sounds like air in the system

Ahh right will take a look at the terminal box and make sure the switch live is ok... Unfortunately the overheat stat has just been changed (about a month back) unless its faulty! I must admit i've not been into the loft to check the header tank since I had an engineer replaced the pump (he did a system drain down and fill up!) WRT air in the system its getting the bloody thing out (as all rad's get hot and i've bled from top to bottom, however will try bleeding from bottom to top as you have suggested!)

It will be the PCB, the pcb controls the pump overun on these boilers and sometimes doesnt switch it off, get a gas safe guy to replace it and will be fine.

Ah ok, I was hoping that wasnt the cause!! Are the PCB's on the boilers expensive to replace? (also how easy in terms of time for a gas safe guy to replace?)

Chaps will also add WRT the overheating issue I seem to get what sounds like kettling in the flow pipe when the boiler switches off. Could this be a symptom of the pump overrun or another issue entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfos Selectric UPS 15/50 Central Heating Pump Constantly on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock