Discuss Globe tap leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

direstraits

Hi,

I have an old style cast iron bath, with front mounted globe taps. The cold water tap is dribbling, even when turned off. Removed the cross head (screw holding it to shaft) removed the 'domed' cover to reveal the nut, unscrewed the nut, now stuck. The nut removes, leaving the shaft and the tap base (which is attached to the front of the bath) no sign of any washer. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 146000_145107_24713_76442971_thumb.jpg
    146000_145107_24713_76442971_thumb.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 22
The washer should be at the bottom of the gland fish inside it may have come off , can you show us photo of the gland?

By the sound of it you've removed the gland nut leaving the spindle, if so the larger nut bellow (headgear Nut) needs to be undone and you will find the washer under there.

A good guide here Leaking Taps - Leaking Taps, How To Fix a Leaking or Dripping Tap

If not restorable you can still buy new globe taps, order from merchants about £70 + vat trade last time I bought some.

Last edited by a moderator:
had a quick dig about, nothing there...

Will try to get a photo up soon. The washers i was recommended don't look like they would fit though, it looks like it would most likely be a fibre washer than a rubber one. Is that right? The rubber ones i was told to buy have a very small hole in the middle, 1/2" OD roughly but an ID of .007-.010"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Globe tap leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there! our Heritage bath taps (see attached image) have a leak from the shower lever when diverted to the shower head. Unfortunately this...
Replies
Views
Around 4 years ago I installed a Swirl Magellan Bath Shower Mixer Tap onto a bath. This tap looks something similar to the following in terms of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Last night my cold tap would not stop, it was pouring out and the tap was just going around and round. I switched off the water at the...
Replies
Views
Burger
B
M
Hi all, looking for some advice and opinions on our situation, we moved into a new build last June and due to en suite bathrooms with showers...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, having a bit of a nightmare here, have a Architeckt Glacier Deck Mounted Bath Shower Mixer Tap bought from Plumb World. I have cold...
Replies
Views
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock