Discuss Found this on a job today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to look at a job today and found this,pumping hot water straight back into the cold feed for the cylinder.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Would i be right in thinking that the "plumber/builder",(who has been thrown off the job)was trying to run a secondary circuit?

Yes it will be for a secondary hot water circuit if its piped back into the cold before the cylinder

Just trying to get my head round what the previous plumber has done,I've never seen anything as bad. There a 5 bathrooms all on the one stack pipe with no vent,needless to say the smell is a bit pungent.
ill get some more pics up tomorrow,think ill be there for a while!
back to the pump,I'd guessed it was a secondary circuit but should the pump be running 24 hours a day? It was just plugged into a socket.
thanks in advance

drain down and do your OWN investigation ....
secondary hwp should be on a timer or thermostat or both

pls post mo pictures

this pump its not a bonze so must come out me think

It's a smart pump so it can be on 24/7 as it builds up it's own database of usage times and flow rates. It would also run a disifection cycle.

Well it would if it is a secondary pump and not a circulating one!

Lol reminds me of many hotels I have worked in where the on site maintenance has tried their best to get the hot water around

That's a grundfos magna pump it's not bronze and its about ÂŁ350 to ÂŁ550 lol

It should be, yeah Steve, but looking at the rust starting on the threads there he's used one of the old batch that weren't dual use.

I was just looking and thinking..... I swear yellow = bronze or an absolute ancient pump, the type you find bricked into the chimney on a back boiler.

I have never fitted a WB vertical flue but I am sure try need a vertical adapter .....

Just make sure that is there and flue is been installed correctly .....

That tape there makes me little suspicious tbh ! Over all install is not that bad but if you are taking over the job take time drain down and do your own investigations
i did not see a auto bypass but look for it or fit one

Yep right Stan Worcester vertical flues come with a adapter and NO duct tape in the box

D2 ha ha tundish staright on top of a polyplumb elbow nice.

Was the previous bloke even Gas Safe ?

Last edited:
What's that on lhs of ufh manifold trv? Where are ufh zone actuators?

It is a sort of trv used on a uponor manifold to control heat mix
I don't actually think the plumber had much of an idea lol

Last edited by a moderator:

a lot of early underfloor systems didnt have actuators especially if they fed large areas temp controll over the whole area rather than seperate rooms i dont actually think the instal is totaly bad a lot better than some semi comercials ive seen in hotels and nursing homes

a lot of early underfloor systems didnt have actuators especially if they fed large areas temp controll over the whole area rather than seperate rooms i dont actually think the instal is totaly bad a lot better than some semi comercials ive seen in hotels and nursing homes

Bronze pump on heating then the magna on secondary return
I'd say its been a few different plumbers in there

So the only control is the pump? Doesn't appear to be any zv? How does trv work? Can't blend only open and close? Only been doing systems for last 10 years and not seen this. used to using plate exchanger from Mitsubishi air source ac to ufh in commercial systems and gas or matches in domestic. Looks like it started out with good intentions (ply wood) and then forgot to plan or set anything out! Looks like a whole lotta fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Found this on a job today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock