Search the forum,

Discuss Fernox TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brianthegas

Hi peeps
Do I fit the fernox TF1 filter on the flow or return of my combi? the instructions are as clear as mud! confused with the arrows of orientation- up, down, left,right?????
Brian.

I'd be wanting any filter on the return to grab all the rubbish out of the system before it goes through your expensive boiler.

I agree with Simon if it's on the flow it's already been through your boiler

Fit it anywhere you like. The return before the boiler is preferable but it make little odds. They don't catch stuff on one pass anyway so whatever is floating around in the system will take a while to catch.

Thanks to you all for contributing to my query,this thing has presented me with a right old head ache. I had no idea it would occupy so much room!!! should have gone to spec save!!!
Regards
Brian

Fit it on the return to the boiler, and use the red o rings in the pack which will put the arrow in the down ward position.

Fit it on the return to the boiler, and use the red o rings in the pack which will put the arrow in the down ward position.

Hi, I know this is an old post, but why will installing on the return to the boiler put the arrow in the downward direction? Should the arrow not always go in the direction of the water flow? I only ask because I am trying to figure out if my TF1, fitted two years ago, was installed correctly.

The TF1 is mounted vertically just below the boiler on the return and the arrow is pointing downwards. So the water comes up the pipe, through the TF1 and into the boiler. Surely the arrow should be pointing upwards? The boiler is a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 837 and looking at the boiler from the front the TF1 is mounted on the pipe on the far right (which is the return I think).

Cheers

The arrow should be pointing in the direction of flow. So if it's on the return it should be pointing towards the boiler.

It all depends on whether the tf1 is fitted on the return coming up from the floor or down from the ceiling the arrow indicates which way it is fitted and the different 'O' rings fit for different orientations my preference is always the return cant recall but am sure MI's say so too

They don't do the o rings and more Tom there is a surclip on the side slide it out twist to the suited direction and push clip back in

Yep on 837 . From right looking at front of boiler
Flow. DHW gas cadd return

Last edited by a moderator:
You must be fitting them backwards :smile:
The pipes on all newer model vaillants are, from the left, flow, hot, gas, cold, return, condensate, prv

You must be fitting them backwards :smile:
The pipes on all newer model vaillants are, from the left, flow, hot, gas, cold, return, condensate, prv

My left not urs! Watching breaking bad at same time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fernox TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, first time plumber and poster here. I've installed two new zone valves and replicated the direction inwhich the original valves were installed. I'm really confused now as I think the originals may have been installed the wrong way round. The Grundfos pumps' arrow is pointing down whereas my...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock