Search the forum,

Discuss Electric Showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumbersMate

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening Gentlemen

Have got 3 electric showers to quote for next week all to go in from scratch so no existing cables etc. what's the crack with electric supply am I right in thinking you have to run an independent feed from consumer unit with its own RCD? Thanks

oh and, get in there England :)

Yeah need a new cable from unit if there isn't one there may as well put 10mm in isolator before shower

As above but don't forget about earthing as well, and if all going in the same place you need to think about your total loading

but don't forget you can't install / connect the cable up to the consumer unit unless your 17th ed or part p

Thanks chaps. Yeh I'll be getting spark in for it just wanted to check I weren't making it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric Showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have fitted an electric shower, teed off the toilet cold feed (Mains) The pressure for the shower is very very poor just dribbling out. Pressure is fine Lpm is fine Fitted loads like this before and never had a problem Any suggestions ?
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon. Just wondering if it would be fine to connect an electric shower to the balanced cold supply from an unvented cylinder. Replacing an old Bath mixer tap with the shower hose built into it. Regards
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock