Search the forum,

Discuss Eago Whirlpool Bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Fitted one of these about six weeks ago, was a nice job (thankfully in a bungalow, concrete floor as its a touch on the heavy side), if a little awkward as the taps and the shower head fitting were all connected in the centre of the bath on the underside up against the wall. When I left the job all was running fine and leak free, I popped back for something else a week later and again, all was fine, after frequent use by three people.

I had a call yesterday to advise that there is evidence of leakage from under the bath. I've been over to investigate today and found that there is a lot of water leaking from the shower attachment. I've agreed to go back and look in more detail later, in the meantime customer won't use the shower head. They are fine with this.

Up until a few hours ago I was convinced that I'd been having a bad day or something when I fitted this, but I'd be suprised if the unit went from no leak to the amount of water now coming out when the shower divert is used (standard flexi shower hose, rubber washer) so I'm now wondering whether the vibration of the whirlpool unit could have had a part to play in this. Bath is all level and doesn't seem to vibrate much, but whether the fittings are more susceptible.

Anybody have any experience of this? And any suggestions as to how I can stop this happening again if it is indeed vibration? I don't think loctite is suitable for potable water. I've considered lsx though. I'm obviously keen that the tap connectors feeding the bath don't come loose too!

Cheers
Paul

hi mate, dont think any fear of tap cons coming loose as they have obviously expanded with the wet and as u say bath not vibrating that much, i would try either a thicker rubber washer or even another washer, some of these shower heads only slightly compress the washer thus possibly work loose, three people not using at same time r they lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Eago Whirlpool Bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Hi all, DIY rookie and have an issue with malfunctioning diverter valve - water currently flows through both tap and shower head regardless of...
Replies
Views
Hello - am hoping someone out there can offer some advice... I've been living in a split level 1st & 2nd floor masionette for two months, which...
Replies
Views
Hi there! our Heritage bath taps (see attached image) have a leak from the shower lever when diverted to the shower head. Unfortunately this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock