Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler to run shower and/or bath tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonhammersley

I recently ordered my new bathroom and bought v&b tap and a shower for the bath.

I am going to have mixer valve to switch between either bath tap or shower on/off.

I currently have a combi boiler, approx. 3/4 years old (Vailant).

Can I run this system from this existing combi? I want to have good pressure from the shower, I currently have approx. 12 Litres per minute on mains cold water supply.

I have been told different things by different people.

Also is there a minimum pressure requirement for the taps/shower?

Any advice greatly appreciated as i'm a little confused.

12l/min is a very poor flow rate. You'll struggle to get a decent shower although it may work if you fit flow restrictors.

Mike

flow rates depend on temp rise i can get 25 litres a minute from a combi but with only a couple of degree rise in temp
if your getting 12 litre of hot water thats plenty for most normal shower heads anything larger might struggle, as with all combis any usage anywhere else in the house is gonna cut that to zilch flow

minimum pressures are included in your tap destructions.

like mike and steve says, youll have problems if your in the shower and your missus starts washing up..!!

shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler to run shower and/or bath tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock