Search the forum,

Discuss Can a Viessman system boiler be fitted with Albion unvented cylinder? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sharmistha

I'm trying to pair a Viessman Vitodens 100W (30kw) systems boiler with a Albion Ultrasteel (AUD180) Direct Unvented hot water cylinder. My builder tells me that the two are incompatible. He has not suggested an alternative..... Is it true that the 2 can't be fitted together? An expert's opinion would be most appreciated. Thanks!

You cant use any make of normal boiler to heat a Direct cylinder. Direct cylinders dont have a coil and are usualy heated by a couple of electric immersion heaters. Excellent choice of boiler though, if its a new system from scratch then you have the facility from the Viessman to 4 pipe it so no need for a 3 or 2 port etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cant use any make of normal boiler to heat a Direct cylinder. Direct cylinders dont have a coil and are usualy heated by a couple of electric immersion heaters. Excellent choice of boiler though, if its a new system from scratch then you have the facility from the Viessman to 4 pipe it so no need for a 3 or 2 port etc.

It is a brand new boiler. As is the cylinder. What Cylinder would you suggest I use? I know we need 170-180L capacity, but don't know what to get. Thanks in advance for your help! -s

Any Unvented cylinder that is Indirect, use the viessmann Branded one, they are made by Gledhill now and so are very reasonably priced, with The Viessman system you can use thier plug and play hot water sensor probe. Search for a local Viessmann aproved installer via the Viessmann site the aproved installer can give you a 5yr garentee too and will be able to advise you best.

I've fitted a few Vitodens systems with various makes of unvented cylinders, including an Albion. Just spoke with the customer today & he's is very happy. You can use the direct sensor, but to comply with G3 you need to run a 2-port valve off an 'internal H-1 board'. You get the board from Viessmann & it clips into the flip down wiring centre. As its Viessmann, the instructions are normally only in German but the Tech Help will walk the installer through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can a Viessman system boiler be fitted with Albion unvented cylinder? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up twice a day for about 2 hours. When the tanks start to heat, one of them makes a loud vibrating noise, sometimes for about 15-20 mins, sometimes for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently purchased a cottage with an LPG combi boiler (no mains gas in the area). I intend to replace this with an electric boiler and an unvented indirect hot water cylinder. The boiler will run four radiators and the hot water cylinder. The cottage has one bedroom. What size (kw)...
Replies
Views
Not an expert at all here, so please bear with me. We bought a Victorian terraced house early 2 years ago that was maintained quite well, with a heating system consisting of UFH on the bottom floor with its own manifold and each room being a zone. We also have 5 radiators (2 aluminium cast)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock