Discuss Boiler gets very high pressure, and cuts off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim.allwood

Hi,

I have a boiler that has not been used for about 6 months. The system had been drained until yesterday, when I filled it back up.

I bled all the rads, no problems, no leaks. But when I try to run some hot water or turn on the heating the boiler fires up perfectly, then the pressure rises dramatically within seconds, and the boiler goes off, reset button pops up.

I know there is not blockages as the water ran to the rads fine and water comes out when I turn a hot tap on.

I pressured the system up to about 1 bar.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Is the filling loop letting by? I'm not too hot on boilers though!!

No, I disconnected it after I'd pressurised the system. That would have made sense though.

Yeah, that sounds like a possibility, it gets red hot. How can I test it? Thanks

power off centre screw out be prepared for some water,try spinning the pump,you may un stick it,if not can you use a multi meter?

OK, I'll give it a go. I'll get back let you know in the morning. Yes, I can use a multimeter. Many thanks.

Ok, so I couldn't resist waiting, and you were spot on. It was jammed. A quick fettle with a screwdriver, and she spins freely. Boiler fires up, and stays on. Problem solved. Thanks very much. Now I notice though that the relief valve is slowly dripping water, so I guess it maybe faulty, I'll investigate a replacement in the morning.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Ok, so I couldn't resist waiting, and you were spot on. It was jammed. A quick fettle with a screwdriver, and she spins freely. Boiler fires up, and stays on. Problem solved. Thanks very much. Now I notice though that the relief valve is slowly dripping water, so I guess it maybe faulty, I'll investigate a replacement in the morning.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

could be just the prv faulty BUT...be aware you could have a faulty filling loop or expansion vessel causing this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler gets very high pressure, and cuts off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock