Discuss Ahhh is there an M&E plumbing contractor in North East that can help me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where abouts in Yorkshire are are you?I could have a look for you if its fairly local

Hi mate, yeah I'm in York - is that local enough for you? Would be good to have someone take a look / chat with plumber who did the cock up to see if there's some way forward. I will also ring around some M&E outfits tomorrow to see if a proper design can be done. @ShaunCorbs - do you know anyone you can recommend? I have CAD drawings.

You are gonna need more kw bud and upsize the main run pipework 35mm minimum, i would suggest cascading two boilers this will give you more options if needed ,installed alot of systems like yours get a proper ME consultant involved regards kop

Hi mate, yeah I'm in York - is that local enough for you? Would be good to have someone take a look / chat with plumber who did the cock up to see if there's some way forward. I will also ring around some M&E outfits tomorrow to see if a proper design can be done. @ShaunCorbs - do you know anyone you can recommend? I have CAD drawings.

no sorry bit far from me and i think chalked is in leeds

Lol at the pump
It's meant for a small combi

Did Bosch spec a booster pump, break tank etc?

Hi mate
Sorry I didn't ring you back. I didn't save your number, so could you ring again?.
Pm sent too.

hey guys,

Just a quick update. So I've got an M&E engineer involved and he's come up with the same conclusions as some of the posts here. Kudos to @ShaunCorbs -

- M&E challenged boiler size if I'm to reheat the 2 x 300l cylinders at 25 litres per minute in tandem. Says it needs to be bigger than 50kW - probably closer to 80kW. Thoughts?

- he also reckons that I'm going to struggle to get 11.5 litre per min pressure to the showers thanks to the plumber cocking up pipework with 15mm. His suggestion is to use a series of 3 Rennai gas-powered condensing heat generators that operate similar to boilers for endless hot water which gets around cylinder capacity / reheat. No idea if this solves the pressure problem though. I am keen to retain unvented system because a) it delivers high pressure hot water b) is super energy efficient which means low running costs c) highly reliable . the rennai website link is here: Rinnai :: Products

- third issue he sees is that the 15mm pipework will prevent sufficient hot water temperature reaching the showers so said we might need to compensate and increase temperature to shower supply but that this might take away from radiators. I don't quite understand this but will explore when I chat with him again.

What are you thoughts on this? My view is that if possible I'd like to retain unvented cylinder system, up-size boiler if needed but not sure if there's any equipment we can add to design to compensate for pressure loss to showers thanks to 15mm pipework

would think if you wanted the re heat times as you stated with heating on the same time 100 kw is what you want, if your happy with a slightly longer re heat time (approx 20 mins more 80kw sounds about right)

rinnais are very good and can handle the load but its more cost (alot more) esp if you have already bought the cylinders but agree with his pressure/flow thoughts as hes on site

dont agree it will limit hot water temp, under sizing will only limit flow rate and esp if you havent got a secondary return it will add to the water draw off before it hot

you have two options (one you might not like)

one try and get as close as you can and re pipe in correct size (and hope its enough)

two re pipe the lot and either put the costs onto the inexperienced plumber for any damage to the walls / finish

best option is normally the worst sorry to say

sorry i couldn't be of more assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ahhh is there an M&E plumbing contractor in North East that can help me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are having PV panels fitted which will dump the excess energy into our hot water tank. Our house originally had a large 210L economy7 hot...
Replies
Views
Is there a standard for the above?, ie primary flow rate, primary flow temperature, reheat time from X degC to Y degC, continuous flow rates at...
Replies
Views
Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, Seeking your advice here - a very long back story to get you well informed: I am a complete DIY and plumbing novice with very little...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock