Discuss Young plumber of the year. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just watched it. Not being sexist here but I knew from the get go they would make the girl win.

She didn't deserve to. The final challenge was a joke even so she had to squeeze her pipe ends with grips to make it work. She was prompted to find the ring in the trap, and she burnt the wall in the first challenge.

Plus she answered the least questions right in the Q & A.

If she deserved to win, then all power to her, I feel it was a fix.

me n my helper both watched it and came to the same conclusion - total dissapointment, the tasks were basic stuff no REAL challenge as such although the time limit on challenge one maybe. we both said wouldnt want her to do a boiler repair for us if shes gonna do dumbass stuff like completely removing the bleed screw from a ch pump on a sealed system thats still full of pressurised water (did you guys shake ur head when they did that?) i mean cmon surely they knew what was gonna happen.

i thought it would be a little more difficult,

and that lads fountain looked miles better and it actually worked 1st time. who cares if it spills over the edge, itd keep your lawn well watered.

next time thats on i think ill apply if its gonna be that simple. :)

I just did'nt understand how the other guy who got most of the questions right went, when aimee stayed.

because she was better looking. she was the hottest female plumber ive ever seen. you should see the one we have near us, a pitbull licking its rse looks better. super mega fugley doesnt even come close!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought how time change,in my day you would have had to bend the pipe round into each clip,using all those elbow would of be frowned upon

I mentioned that today in the merchants and a lad said 'what's the point of that,would be easy to bend plastic pipe round'...never entered his head,we were talking using bending copper :(:(

As for snots,they barley had a cold,I must have man flue

Don't under stand the tasks either,
hot and cold wrong way round,just change tap disc,s over,
blocked sink,half a bottle of one shot,blocked loo,get jetter in for £5000
no hot in shower coz hot blocked,fit electric shower...sorted
....come's with experience though in all fairness :)

As for end project,way put so much effort and thought into it,looked like one of my bog standard heating installations ,half way through commissioning to me,no big deal

imho

Thought how time change,in my day you would have had to bend the pipe round into each clip,using all those elbow would of be frowned upon

I mentioned that today in the merchants and a lad said 'what's the point of that,would be easy to bend plastic pipe round'...never entered his head,we were talking using bending copper :(:(

As for snots,they barley had a cold,I must have man flue

Don't under stand the tasks either,
hot and cold wrong way round,just change tap disc,s over,
blocked sink,half a bottle of one shot,blocked loo,get jetter in for £5000
no hot in shower coz hot blocked,fit electric shower...sorted
....come's with experience though in all fairness :)

As for end project,way put so much effort and thought into it,looked like one of my bog standard heating installations ,half way through commissioning to me,no big deal

imho

you have made me spit coffee everywhere well done puddle LOL

SEEN IT ON I PLAYER LAST NIGHT DID YOU SEE THE LOOK ON THAT BIRDS FACE when she lost the centre screw on the pump in the house,the bloke with a big nose from Bridgend said to her you cant even fix this boiler CLASSIC if looks could kill TFT cant i would be dead by now;);)

my misiss used too work for kent high performance pipers of maidstone (alfa romeo) mechanic so why cant women be a plumber and not get judged for it
bus drivers mans job no
army mans job no
lorry drivers mans job no
plasterer mans job no im a pig

Hello...my names is Aimee and i competed in the competition

I have just been reading some of the comments, which i find interesting. Just to give you an idea the BBC filmed us all probabily for a total of 6 day and had to cut it down into an hour episode....so they put in the bits they think are good. There was a lot of bits they cut out e.g after the first task we pressure tested the pipe....the second challenge had a lot more faults on it .....and the third we were asked a lot more questions.

There is only so much the BBC cOULD do to make plumbing into a show and make it interesting. Im glad i did it because i met some great people and we had a great time. Charlie, Dean and Simon were great and we all at least entered and gave it ago.

Sorry to those who found it dissapointing....

i also watched it. it was a total let down in end only really one task to do with plumbing. i know that had to do the pipework around grid (which she burnt it) but doing a water fountain (bit of a joke)
bloke should of won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Young plumber of the year. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock