Discuss Worked all day, haven't made a tanner - Keston Celcius 25, flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week or so ago, I was called at 4:00pm for boiler breakdown. Went out and wasn't paid as was working and decided as it was the first time that day it was probably best to let it continue until building warmed up. Never called back and not paid. Then on way back home called to another customer with faulty shower. Nothing fixed that night and decided to give job to the shower manufacturer to save myself much hassle.

Three hours and no payment and after trundling around in the van in the dark I arrived back home. Later on I felt I was so lucky with life. On the 10pm news there was a story about children in Pakinstan(?) scavenging around rubbish tips looking for valuables to sell for about $3 for the day.:(:(

It breaks my heart seeing kids suffer, my little girl is the main reason I work so hard...so to see kids suffer is horrible. The reason I got the bit between my teeth with this job is that three flues passed through this little girls room. One from the flats owners boiler, and two from their neighbours boilers. One was spilling, the other unbeknown to me, had allready been ID'd by BG and shut down.

I have just condemmed the other and repaired the boiler in the flat she lives in.

At the end of it all I did earn some dosh too...but genuinely peoples safety have to come first, and making dough comes a close second!

f***@*@ hell atrocious work well done id ing it Danny frighting work

I thought keston boilers required 50mm ABS solvent UPC pipes and fittings? this is rotten.

Reg Man I have PM'd you back. Good luck with yours mate.

I'll just add, I was threatened with legal action from one letting agent as I switched their boiler off as they had tenants coming to stay for the week, and had to find them a hotel instead. The girl on the phone said, we've had it signed off, blah blah blah. I was furious when I got off the phone...and crapping myself about getting a letter from a legal firm.

Anyway, I stuck to my guns and I'm glad I did. This forum is a great place to get your confidence back up when people kick it...and i'm glad I found it.

My other half just sighs now when I put the laptop on, as she knows I'll be on here for a quick read, but it really is a useful source of info and help.

So thanks all.

That coke bottle flue is shocking, I don't know how someone could leave it like that.

Some people really do worry me!

Good reading though, keep it up ;)

Surely this is a candidate for Eye Spy or whatever they are calling it these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worked all day, haven't made a tanner - Keston Celcius 25, flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock