Discuss Worcester Greenstar 24i Jnr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Never come across this before..

Boiler in demand for heating, sounds like running water from the bottom of the flue where it meets the condense trap, also a gurgling sound from the terminal (went to check for blockages). Condense run blocked? Boiler keeps locking out.

Also, fan sounds like it's taking off at times. Checked fan and no apparent faults. Spoke to Worcester who said could be the bearing membrane.

Anyone come across these and can shed some light?

Cheers

Had a few condense trap not cleaned out (also see water coming out the flue terminal if horizontal)

condensate trap probably blocked,have you cleaned it?

No.. literally just went to have a look, gonna quote to do the works as didn't get there til 7:30 this evening.. gonna do it all when I replace the membrane for the fan. Also gonna replace his flue as it's in a bit of a state from builders moving the boiler location when doing an extension

Had a few condense trap not cleaned out (also see water coming out the flue terminal if horizontal)

Yeah this was horizontal but didn't see any water coming out, exhaust was clear

And me,also seen the 21.5 block solid if its connected to a sink,doubt its a bearing plate as worcester have advised,these normally vibrate or a smell of gas through the fan when they fail

So could a blocked condense cause issues with noise from the fan? Since it's linked to the flue...

And me,also seen the 21.5 block solid if its connected to a sink,doubt its a bearing plate as worcester have advised,these normally vibrate or a smell of gas through the fan when they fail

I smelt gas.. had to put a sniffer to it at one point but it went

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 24i Jnr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone tell me if the greenstar 24i circulating pump modulates? i have been looking at param 2.1c which references settings 0 to 4, i know the...
Replies
Views
I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, My mum has a Worcester Greenstar HE30 boiler (15+ years old). Since its last service (and possibly coincidentally) it has been making a...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock