Search the forum,

Discuss Intermittent Hot water issue with Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDI in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water.

I usually get the shout from a family member who’s in the shower and found there’s no hot water. If I’m near the boiler when this happens, I can see the burner light is on, and then I can hear a banging sound coming from inside the boiler which last 3-5 seconds, before the burner cuts out and it all goes quiet, the temperature (2-char) display at this time is showing a number in the 80s or 90s.

I have discovered that if I power the boiler down and leave it for 15 mins, then most of the time it comes back on and operates normally. Other times it takes a few resets.

This issue happens about once ever 5or 6 weeks.

I have had it recently serviced, and during that time, the problem occurred for the engineer also.

He speculated that it might a faulty temperature sensor/regulator (or something like that) inside the boiler.

Any one got any ideas what it might me? Any advice would be really welcome.

Thanks,

Do you have any other showers / problems with any taps ?

Can you test that shower running as it could be the shower cartridge that’s gone

The banging is a overheating noise

Can you clarify what you mean by “… test shower running …”? The shower is running fine, and when the boiler is turned off and on again, the hot water is fine in all taps including the shower.

I mean does the other shower make the boiler do the same fault ?

Reply to Intermittent Hot water issue with Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDI in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock