Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Whats the best plumbing van alarm system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, i have just bought a new van and am wanting to put an alarm on it. My van is a vauxhall vivaro and already has one on but this weekend my boss had his van broken into and lost all his tools. He had those huge locks you can buy for vans and they could not crack these. Instead they just popped the lock in the front and climbed over the front seat.

Also, does anyone have a vauxhall vivaro, as my one seems to just crunch going into 1st gear when moving. The seller said that you are not supposed to put the car into 1st while moving/ I think this is wrong. The car has come with a 2year warranty so i can just take it back.

I appreciate your help guys.

Regards

Leroy

This new? mine is sometimes a bit stiff getting into 1st but mine is a 04 plate. No alarm is going to make up for not having a bulkhead separating the driving compartment from the storage in the back.

i thinks you should take it back must be a pain to drive and tell ur boss to fit a steel bulk head in his van lol

Hey cheers guys, i like the look of that animal alarm thingy. I couldnt leave that in the van all night though. I have a steel bulkhead in my van. Just wondering if i should wack some of those huge locks on too. My van is an 06 version so i shall take it back.

The boss is going to get a steel bulkhead now.

cheers guys

i dont like the look of those bit locks but u can get arm plate lock covers and handle covers look on the bay for those and u can get dead locks

I hate scummy theives. Nothing lower than stealing the very thing an honest man uses to earn his crust. Happened to me twice. That hollow feeling you have in your gut. Horrible. Then the pain in the bum of replacing everything, which takes ages. Then you'll be on site and go to get some odd useful thing you only use occasionaly, oh yeah it was nicked.

Lost a load of gear at the start of the year and I still miss my old box of random fittings and bit'N'bobs.

I'm quite the peacemaker but they should be locked up for 5 years, instead of slapped with a bit of community service.

i would quite happily seriously hurt anyone caught trying to break into my van - seriously it wouldnt bother me to really hurt the scum. ive had my cars broken into loads of times over the years but my tools going would kill me. my car is parked up right behind my van doors and its alarmed and ive got a dog and if im off for a few days my tools and power toold come in the house. But i know one day they will get something off me.

Thats it i'll be in the bloody curtains tonight!

I'm really lucky where I live and work - hardly ever lock the van. Only when I go into town centres. Even most of the housing estates I'm in are fine. (I do keep my keys on me though ... there are limits!!)

247.jpg

you wont get near the front fence without him trying to smash through the window to get ya!

No matter what you fit, if they want in they will get in. Make it difficult and they may leave it and move on.

Been driving for near 35 years and have never tried to drop it into 1st while moving. Maybe i'm a bad driver:eek:. Saying that i once had an Iveco where i didn't use 1st at all:eek:

Been driving for near 35 years and have never tried to drop it into 1st while moving. Maybe i'm a bad driver:eek:. Saying that i once had an Iveco where i didn't use 1st at all:eek:

bit difficult when trying to re-fuel then. if i were you pull over and take a break.....haha

1st gear on any machinery is for pulling away only. Should only ever engage when stationary. I have been a motorbike instructor and would fail students for putting a moving bike in first, no difference in a van.

Mines a Variro '07, I'm not sure I could get it in first when moving (remembering form when I first got it) and it pulls away in 3rd quite nicely.. handy when your opening the flask in town ;o)

One of the guys I worked for had his window cut out in the back of his van and his stuff nicked. I guess they did it because it was quiet.

Try a goose instead of a dog or apparently an alpacca is good as well, for sheep at least.

Anyway a goose would be good but not a frozen one from Tescos. You could train it to do other things, such as clean gutters, save a fortune on ladders and scaffold.

Don't make it obvious that you have anything of any worth in the van by fitting huge locks , discrete security is probably best.

Remember blacking out the rear windows on a "trannie" to be pulled over by the police and asked what I had to hide in the back. They took one look in the back and said "On your way!"

google vivaro gearbox problems, no good reading. take out all your gear at night.

your to worried by police Bernie,just ask them why they have spotted you and take down their shoulder number soon sorts the cocky,useless gits out

Sorry guys I have skipped from REDSAWS photo to post . I am in tears ! Really ! WE lost our GSP 8 weeks ago . Ruffty tufty plumbers crying their eyes out !!!!! My best mate ever !

GSP??

I really should beef up my Combo security, I have a bulkhead and thats about it. I live in a nice area but there are theives everywhere.

I did have my Tom Tom stolen from my van by a nice gentleman, if I had caught him doing it, and it was legal I would have no problem in ******* his head in with a scaffold bar.

I guess most of us keep our powertools in overnight? I keep two or three main ones and the rest are in the house.

Reminds me of a story of a friend (last 5 years or so) who spotted some yoof stealing his daughter's bicycle from the shed. Ran out and clocked him one. Yoof went to the police next day and complained of assault. Police turned up to friend's house and they had an enjoyable coffee and chat about the teenagers these days.

I'm lucky though that I hardly ever lock my van and if it's locked it's usually because I've knocked the key button by mistake.

Sorry guys I have skipped from REDSAWS photo to post . I am in tears ! Really ! WE lost our GSP 8 weeks ago . Ruffty tufty plumbers crying their eyes out !!!!! My best mate ever !
sorry to hear that toddy,
what happened?.
are you getting another or 2.

She was 13 1/2 and got cancer . Tumor appeared one Friday she had to be PTS following Friday she went downhill that fast ! Was a great worker in her day .
We are talking about a pair but we are having a spell without .

Gave her the kiss of life once when she drowned !!

wow, k.o.l bet you felt good it worked. i dare not try that with mine he will and hump me.lol. keep thinking if to stud him or get him done (3 1/2)??
his granddad is still kicking at 18 (just) so paws crossed.

[h=2]Whats the best plumbing van alarm system?[/h]240 volts connected to the pipetube

insurance mate ,i did have my van empty i went in to wicks for 10 min no joke 10 min ! they took my tool bag with all my hand tools and case with fibre washers and o rings ,total lost 1k ,insurance is going to pay out me 700 after 5months of trouble trying to get my money ! oh yes there is 100 fee i had to pay ! even still renew and all second locks all the way round

[h=2]Whats the best plumbing van alarm system?[/h]240 volts connected to the pipetube

I was thinking electrified fence generator, not painful enough though.
Same as an ex copper friend of mine said, if you catch somebody breaking into the house and you wrap the baseball/cricket/golf bat/club around the unfortunates head, make sure you drag them upstairs before calling police. Upstairs they are a threat to your family and you can get away using more force.

I worke in a guys house a few years back and he told us of when his car got done.

He had just come out the shower and heard something outside, looked out the window and there was an rse lying in his car door nicking the radio. The guy ran downstairs, bollock naked and dragged the scum out the car and gave him a hammering. Took him inside the house and phoned the police. Police arrive and charge the guy with assault.
Couple of months later after both had been to court, the guy got a £300 fine and the scum got to cut some grass on a few saturday mornings :mad2:.
Some justice that. The radio was only worth about £100. He would have been cheaper just shutting the blinds but it was probably worth it for the satisfaction:smile5:

I heard another story a few years back too ... but totally unrelated to plumbing.

Old woman phones police:

"There's a man in my garden shed."
"We can't come out for a while as there are no spare cars."

A few minutes later she phones again:

"It's okay, there's no rush as I've shot him."

Within quarter of an hour, three police cars arrive.

"Where's the man? You said you'd shot him."

"You said you didn't have any spare cars."

i once got told of a copper throw them threw the bedroom window throw some pillows after him and say he jumped, fine outstanding officer wish he was a judge.

Clifford make the finest alarms, failing that anything else thatcham cat 1, should be around £350 supply and fitted for a reasonable cat 1 alarm, Meta, autowatch etc

a pal of mine have his EXHAUST nicked off his van last night !!! 2.5K for a new one think im getting my van belled up to the max may even bring insurance down, its getting a joke now robbing the exhaust ffs wots gonna be nxt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats the best plumbing van alarm system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock