Discuss Whats the best plumbing van alarm system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, i have just bought a new van and am wanting to put an alarm on it. My van is a vauxhall vivaro and already has one on but this weekend my boss had his van broken into and lost all his tools. He had those huge locks you can buy for vans and they could not crack these. Instead they just popped the lock in the front and climbed over the front seat.

Also, does anyone have a vauxhall vivaro, as my one seems to just crunch going into 1st gear when moving. The seller said that you are not supposed to put the car into 1st while moving/ I think this is wrong. The car has come with a 2year warranty so i can just take it back.

I appreciate your help guys.

Regards

Leroy

This new? mine is sometimes a bit stiff getting into 1st but mine is a 04 plate. No alarm is going to make up for not having a bulkhead separating the driving compartment from the storage in the back.

Hey cheers guys, i like the look of that animal alarm thingy. I couldnt leave that in the van all night though. I have a steel bulkhead in my van. Just wondering if i should wack some of those huge locks on too. My van is an 06 version so i shall take it back.

The boss is going to get a steel bulkhead now.

cheers guys

i dont like the look of those bit locks but u can get arm plate lock covers and handle covers look on the bay for those and u can get dead locks

I hate scummy theives. Nothing lower than stealing the very thing an honest man uses to earn his crust. Happened to me twice. That hollow feeling you have in your gut. Horrible. Then the pain in the bum of replacing everything, which takes ages. Then you'll be on site and go to get some odd useful thing you only use occasionaly, oh yeah it was nicked.

Lost a load of gear at the start of the year and I still miss my old box of random fittings and bit'N'bobs.

I'm quite the peacemaker but they should be locked up for 5 years, instead of slapped with a bit of community service.

i would quite happily seriously hurt anyone caught trying to break into my van - seriously it wouldnt bother me to really hurt the scum. ive had my cars broken into loads of times over the years but my tools going would kill me. my car is parked up right behind my van doors and its alarmed and ive got a dog and if im off for a few days my tools and power toold come in the house. But i know one day they will get something off me.

Thats it i'll be in the bloody curtains tonight!

I'm really lucky where I live and work - hardly ever lock the van. Only when I go into town centres. Even most of the housing estates I'm in are fine. (I do keep my keys on me though ... there are limits!!)

247.jpg

you wont get near the front fence without him trying to smash through the window to get ya!

No matter what you fit, if they want in they will get in. Make it difficult and they may leave it and move on.

Been driving for near 35 years and have never tried to drop it into 1st while moving. Maybe i'm a bad driver:eek:. Saying that i once had an Iveco where i didn't use 1st at all:eek:

Been driving for near 35 years and have never tried to drop it into 1st while moving. Maybe i'm a bad driver:eek:. Saying that i once had an Iveco where i didn't use 1st at all:eek:

bit difficult when trying to re-fuel then. if i were you pull over and take a break.....haha

1st gear on any machinery is for pulling away only. Should only ever engage when stationary. I have been a motorbike instructor and would fail students for putting a moving bike in first, no difference in a van.

Mines a Variro '07, I'm not sure I could get it in first when moving (remembering form when I first got it) and it pulls away in 3rd quite nicely.. handy when your opening the flask in town ;o)

Try a goose instead of a dog or apparently an alpacca is good as well, for sheep at least.

Anyway a goose would be good but not a frozen one from Tescos. You could train it to do other things, such as clean gutters, save a fortune on ladders and scaffold.

Don't make it obvious that you have anything of any worth in the van by fitting huge locks , discrete security is probably best.

Remember blacking out the rear windows on a "trannie" to be pulled over by the police and asked what I had to hide in the back. They took one look in the back and said "On your way!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats the best plumbing van alarm system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock