Discuss WB 28CDi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteisfishing

Evening all,
of to look at one of theses tomorrow, customer has DHW no CH, any common WB faults that i should be looking for?
Cheers

its Probably fec----------------------- faulty external controls is the obvious thing check

I will check thermostat & programmer, is there anything less obvious that i should be looking for, trying to save a bit of time thats all, for instance divertor valve? Just after a few pointers please

thanks Quality

if this is the worcester with no plate heat exchanger look at pump also theres no divertor on that model not gospel as im **** at which worgester is which

The 28CDi has a diverter valve, but if the diaphragm fails then it normally only causes problem with hot water. As already said above, check external controls first.
Martin.

Evening all,
of to look at one of theses tomorrow, customer has DHW no CH, any common WB faults that i should be looking for?
Cheers

go to the worcester bosch site, hit the installer section and look up discontinued products and pull up the 28 cdi, save the instructions pdf onto a laptop and take it to the job with you and it has a fault finding guide to follow

used same file to day to service and set up one that had never seen an engineer since it was installed, new fan, tighten up a link on the controls section that was loose and giving a similar problem to yours and removed what looked like a birds nest in the flue. custard informed me it had never given him a problem until the fan collapsed over the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

If you do a lot of services/repairs then invest in one of these from Ebay: 4500 INTERACTIVE BOILER MANUALS ON 10 CD-ROMS BY GASPRO, only 12 quid inc P&P worth every penny.
Martin.

Went to the job today, looked at the wiring, no external controls fitted then went to isolate the boiler at the spur and another wire was going in to it!!........asked the customer if she had any controls, answer " well, we used to havce a thermostat but it fell off so we just connected the wires together!".....low and behold there they were, two core hanging from the ceiling which had been wired up to the fuse spur to create a switch.........disconnected it and replaced the LS LR link and it worked fine.....they now want a RF stat/prog fitted and a flush.......

Thanks for all the help...

PS: CD's ordered:

Worcester did a RF stat (ACL Drayton) for the CDi range which the receiver fitted in place of the clock on the front of the boiler (Grey plastic control panel RH side) not sure if its still available and how much.
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WB 28CDi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello again all: Firstly: Personal background, as I know people are likely to ask: 1) I AM GSR 2) Most of my work so far since qualification has...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick one to tax your tired brain cells. Got a customer with one of these old beasts & i was called out to it late evening because...
Replies
Views
My heating has developed a new and unwelcome quirk just recently, which is that it's sporadically failing to provide hot water. This is something...
Replies
Views
L
Hello all, We've got a fault with the DHW on our boiler, an aging Worcester 350. Two pump, no diverter valve. CH works fine, boiler fires...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock