Discuss Unvented System Shower Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi All

I have an unvented pressurised system installed with the cylinder in my downstairs utility room (no room upstairs). Static mains is about 4.5bar. My downstairs shower (cheap and nasty thermostatic shower as it is rarely used) gives very good pressure. However my upstairs thermostatic shower is not very good. I'm happy to take the system apart to see if something is upsetting the system but before I do I would like to know if I should expect a significant drop in pressure as the shower is higher than the cylinder? The bath is upstairs and the flow/pressure seems very good.

Any help appreciated.

Jamie the Sparky.

Jamie, you shouldnt hardly notice any change in pressure, the fact your bath is good tells me its probably the shower, may have a blocked filter if you are lucky

Thank you, just needed confirmation before I start taking the shower apart. (The isolating valves are tucked away in the roofspace behind the christmas decorations) : (

Good luck , if the filters are clean, its time for a new cartridge , ( if available ) or a new one

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented System Shower Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was...
Replies
Views
Back