Search the forum,

Discuss UFH Motorised Valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Jones

Hi all - I have a UFH system in a fairly new house, problem is downstairs (zone 1 is fine) upstairs (zone 2) is cold - not getting up to temp, had a nose at the controls, pump etc and all seems to be ok except the honeywell motorised valve (HMV), when I move the pin to Manual the upstairs warms up in no time...two questions...

Is it just the HMV at fault?
Will it cause any damage by moving the MV to manual?

Hope you can help?:28:

Hi.
no it won't cause damage but check the stats are calling first. If they are then the valve is at fault. Do an electrical test and that will show it. Check the mixing valve is at 40-45 degrees and by overriding the valve that will get you going until you find what's at fault!
C

the controls sequence should normally go spur-clock-stat-valve- boiler+ pump. If you feel confident in testing electrics then you can logically test for the fault, if not then get a qualified heating engineer who understands controls to take a look.

the controls sequence should normally go spur-clock-stat-valve- boiler+ pump. If you feel confident in testing electrics then you can logically test for the fault, if not then get a qualified heating engineer who understands controls to take a look.

Is it much of a job to replace the HMV?

post a picture of the valve.

could meam a drain down of part or all the heating system.

Thanks for your replies - I am struggling to get a plumber to come and have a look - will try again tomorrow.

what area are you from? there may be a member on the forum who lives close to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UFH Motorised Valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

bit of an odd one. UFH been working fine for about a year or two now. today the pipes going to it before the zone valve are stone cold. its a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have UFH set up with a HIU in my flat. My issue is that one zone (Bedroom 2) does not heat up. All other zones working and heating as...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
I have a 23 year old Megaflo heating and hot water system powered by the original Thermecon oil boiler. One of the most common kinds of faults I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock