Discuss Trianco Redfyre - Fix, or Buy a New One ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

limitstat20

I have a 30 year old oil fired Trianco Redfyre TRO pressure jet (25 kw / 85000 Btu/h) which is becoming less reliable.

In the past I have maintained various classic cars and made sure they were reliable by giving them a thorough service at the beginning of ownership (all hoses, ignition parts, etc.) It is expensive initially but you end up with reliable transport.

I would like to do the same with my Trianco but I find it difficult getting parts (pump solenoid for example). So my questions are:

1) Should I just ditch the Trianco and get a new one, because spare parts are going to be a problem?

2) There are major disagreements over the reliability of various makes of oil fired boilers. I would put reliability and cheap parts at the top of the list.
When the guarantee runs out I would like something that I can service myself and that is easy to repair in an emergency. It would be nice if it didn't drink kerosene like the Trianco as well.

3) Should I buy a new Trianco? I have heard they are (were) well built but basic. Are the new ones still as good?

Comments please.

Either change the burner for something more modern, which is what I do when parts become a little scarce or bite the bullet and get a new one. The old one owes you nothing.

Worcester for me, but everybody as their favourites.

Cant believe you had a problem with parts you are obviously not looking at the right suppliers, as simong says you can fit a new burne rfor less than £300 in fact I have done just that recently. Is the burner a inter which is orange or black, oil pumps can be fitted to all of these with the new equivalents so solenoids will not then be a problem but I can still get all the parts for these burners including the solenoids, motors electrodes capacitors etc. for an mlsa pump.

New triancos are tat IMHO, which is a shame, the older ones were brilliant boilers, still a few around me going strong at 40+ years old.

Agree. All parts no problem on the burners used on Triancos. Entire oil pump can be changed, which includes solenoid. New burner (Sterling burner would be advised) sometimes best long term option.
If you are servicing the boiler yourself, I would ask how you know how to set the combustion? Very important for economy.

I've fitted a couple of x400s to these also, but not worth it majority of parts still available, and I would suggest stock items for oil service engineer

Trianco went to the wall a couple of years ago. Now lets think... why....?

I know why. Cos they are/were rubbish. AND especially when the "Eurostar" is concerned..I don't mean the train, I mean the boiler.

Trust me...when I see one of these...I am on red alert.

Don't worry they were resurrected and trading again! I seem to do a good trade in eurostar baffles though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trianco Redfyre - Fix, or Buy a New One ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
I have a 499k rayburn with a balanced flue. When we turn the cooker side on it works for a while OK, it could be OK for a few weeks then it will...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock