Search the forum,

Discuss How fix new fill valve plastic part? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Pickles654

Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's incredibly difficult to access underneath and replace the whole valve. I therefore just want to replace the plastic part that has the two hooks.

Annoyingly, this new part is a tiny fraction smaller and doesn't have a tiny bottom notch like the old part, which means that the new part doesn't 'click' in over the diaphragm and is a fraction loose.

It seems like I'm going to have to get a plumber in who's have to take apart some of my bathroom to get access to replace the whole valve. A fairly big job and will cost money I don't have.

Are there any fixes that I can do to make the new part work? I'm thinking superglue... or would people recommend not risking a diy job? I'm thinking the worst that would happen is it comes off and the lots of water goes down the overflow until I then replaced the valve (I can't access the toilet shut off and so am only able to repair when turning the mains isolation valve off).

Reply to How fix new fill valve plastic part? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock