Discuss Test leads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

Does anyone have any good tips on how to test components of boilers with a multimeter when it's really difficult to get the probes onto the right places? Because the probes are too big.

Cheers guys

I use to do pin tests on vaillant combi compacts using paperclips. Otherwise the multimeter manufacturer should do smaller probes.

I've got two sets of leads, one decent pair which are too fat most of the time in boilers, and a cheap pair with long thin probes on the end.

I try to use the fused, decent ones where I can.

if you make up something put alittle insulation tape over it apart from the very end.

most compliant probes are not very thin and have 2-4mm on show at the end. the cheaper probes tend to have thin and more exposed tips.

the compliant probes are a pain in the preverbial another cases of bureaucracy gone mad on mine you cant even tell which bit is conductive the rest must be coated in clear insulation i keep meaning to file them down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Test leads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock