Discuss soil and vent pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mattsimmons

hi

can i fit a soil and vent pipe without it going through the roof ,what are the buiding regs for putting a turn in a soil and vent pipe or does it have to be vertical ...as you may have geussed i am not a plumber :)

It does not have to go through the roof. I dont know the exact details. They would be in my old Water Reg's book. But you can put a swan neck (two 45's) on it.

Hope that makes sense.

Oh but the actual soil stack, must be verticle.

Last edited:
If it's going internally you can protrude it into the roof space (loft) and fit an air admittance valve that's if there's multiple appliances going into it. If it's for a couple of downstairs appliances (including WC) a stub stack will suffice.

make sure thisisnt the only air inlet on the sewage system from the property or else you will be causing potential drainage problems, as every stack should have at least one open outlet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to soil and vent pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is...
Replies
Views
D
Hi there I have an existing soil stack on the side of my house. I have extended the house by building a loft. The loft company ran the waste...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Following a first-floor bathroom remodel done poorly by a plumber in our house a couple of years ago I have stripped everything out and I'm...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock