Search the forum,

Discuss Slow draining shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

arsenal1

:) I have a shower 5yrs, :( recently it has been slow draining.
The hunter pvc Compact shower trap is the original. I have removed the grid/trap and viewed the main body but cannot see any outlet!
:confused: Am I missing something, I have tried to clear from outside but no success.

What can I do?
Do I need to use chemicals?

Sometimes being honest, if the pipes are all boxed in, I would check the trap again just to be sure you have cleared it all out. Then try some cleaning fluid, I would go for the stuff bought at a Plumbers merchants not a supermarket. Its stronger. But please read all the label and observe the safety regulations

:) I have a shower 5yrs, :( recently it has been slow draining.
The hunter pvc Compact shower trap is the original. I have removed the grid/trap and viewed the main body but cannot see any outlet!
:confused: Am I missing something, I have tried to clear from outside but no success.

What can I do?
Do I need to use chemicals?
have you removed the pipe from the center of trap it twists anti clockwise and pulls out then you can see the outlet

Five years, wow, thats a long time to be taking a shower! :D Try the drain cleaner and plunger as well, will not cost more than say £8.00. Happy plunging!

Hi, we have recently had a new shower installed and the water is very slow draining, we are ending up with water round our ankles, we find the only way to stop it overflowing over the tray is to keep turning the shower off through showering and letting the water drain which isn't ideal, any ideas?

Hi, we have recently had a new shower installed and the water is very slow draining, we are ending up with water round our ankles, we find the only way to stop it overflowing over the tray is to keep turning the shower off through showering and letting the water drain which isn't ideal, any ideas?

If it was recently installed and not working- get the installed back to fix it.

Someone tagged onto it 10hrs ago rather than starting a new one.

Adamrob's spot on, if it's new get em back.

3 year old thread lol
the original thread was old, but this is a recently added question.

as said, get them back.
if it was on old set up start with checking the trap is not full of hair then the pipes.
as it is newly installed there is a fault with the installation,
probably undersized pipe, excessive pipe run, no fall on the pipe etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow draining shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
hi guys and girls need a bit of advice from a plumber or that, i fitted a new low shower tray and its draining very slow i have to switch off power shower to stop water getting close to the top of tray all i changed was tray it came with its own waste trap and connected it with flex pipe as...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all I am a first time poster, and would be very grateful please for advice. We purchased and moved into a property two weeks ago. I am experiencing a worsening sewage smell which was originally isolated to an ensuite in the main bedroom and the extension, but now appears to be moving...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just moved into my first house and the waste water in the shower is only draining slowly. Soda crystal, baking powder and vinegar work for a few days but then it comes back. When I use them it kind of collects at the bottom and dissolves rather than go down to the blockage. I’ve tried some...
Replies
Views
Remodeling a single wide mobile home bath, so I know I am already in the weeds We are putting in a shower pan and I have a couple of questions regarding the shower drain and vent.? As you can see in the image the 2" vertical vent runs along the wall and exits up behind the old tub shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock