Search the forum,

Discuss Shower trap blocked but waste pipe is hidden in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Just moved into my first house and the waste water in the shower is only draining slowly. Soda crystal, baking powder and vinegar work for a few days but then it comes back. When I use them it kind of collects at the bottom and dissolves rather than go down to the blockage.

I’ve tried some manual methods but the shower trap seems to have a hidden waste pipe. I can get my fingers down and I cannot feel a hole anywhere. It will only drain if enough water is poured in so I think it must be hidden above the area I can access. I’ve attempted to twist the cover but it wouldn’t budge so might not be a screw.

Can you recommend an unblock method for this kind of trap or how to access it. Worried I might need to get under the floorboards.

Thanks guys, I appreciate any advice you might have.

Steve

Attachments

• B8B2216C-D182-4F94-8CA7-73CBF5D61017.jpeg
    B8B2216C-D182-4F94-8CA7-73CBF5D61017.jpeg
    350.5 KB · Views: 15
There should be an outlet, and perhaps use a drain auger?

Thanks,
I used a snake to try and find the outlet but I couldn’t find a thing. It just curls up. Short of using an endoscope I’m not sure how to confirm where the outlet is and if it’s to the side and above the bottom of the pipe I’m reaching down through.

Steve

Reply to Shower trap blocked but waste pipe is hidden in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi folks As mentioned in the title, are there any solutions to the problem, other than cutting an access to waste pipe and cutting pipe at nearest elbow or tee? Hair has been removed as much as possible and a drain cleaner used but still very slow to drain. I’m not keen on strong chemicals...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock