Search the forum,

Discuss Venting Question for shower drain in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Remodeling a single wide mobile home bath, so I know I am already in the weeds
smiling smiley

We are putting in a shower pan and I have a couple of questions regarding the shower drain and vent.?

As you can see in the image the 2" vertical vent runs along the wall and exits up behind the old tub shower plumbing, I can to do a touch of rerouting there so it comes up through the wall instead of up the floor but basically will be same as original, the old tub drain went into this pipe above the floor with a trap.

It is about 3 feet from where the vent goes vertical until it hits the main.

The new shower pan drain is a center drain, and I will be running it over and connecting to the main as indicated, about 4 feet of line.

First Question. Am I good just running my shower drain to the main, or do I also need to put a sanitary T in and branch over to the vent before getting to the main? I guess the question is will I have enough vent from the main where it is connecting or do I need to get to the hook to the vent closer to the drain.

Second Question, as noted in the image there is a steel beam (remember its a mobile home) running under the studs fairly close to where the drain needs to go, and very well may interfere with the P-trap, can I bring the drain over the beam about 18" (I know slope would still have to be correct, then have my Ptrap on another side of the beam so it won't interfere?

Floor joist are 2x6, and sitting on the beam, so not a ton of room to work with above the beam.
2020-06-26 14_08_40-Photos.png

Reply to Venting Question for shower drain in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no blockage. Used several different drain cleaners over time but smell returns (not always but often enough to be annoying). Seems to coincide with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is straight with a vent terminal on top. Another toilet on the ground floor empties through the suspended timber floor into (what I suspect) a drain. I wish...
Replies
Views
For about a year, my shower on a third floor is giving an on off gas smell sometimes after a shower and particularly in the morning not long after the sun rises enough to hit our roof. I usually run some water into my p-trap and the smell goes away after a few minutes. There is a tub right...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house for almost 10 years, no issues. Have 2 bathrooms, 2 loos that all go to a large underground soakaway, I believe. I can only see one soil vent pipe...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock