Discuss Sizing a boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hugh

Hi all

whats the correct method for sizing a boiler?

is it all heat loss calculations added together?

all help welcome

Depends for a modern condensing combi they call it the whole house method is perhaps the simplest. still to long to go into,try checkin it out on the net.
hope this helps good luck

I always just knock next door and see what they have in,if they have jumpers on,you up size from that,is just shirt or blouse,about right size,if wearing string vest with hanky on head ,down rate boiler,system works a treat.... ;):p

i find out what size of boiler is on offer at the merchants and then suggest that size and make.
all rads plus hot water plus 15percent for initial heat up should do the trick

Thanks guys for all your coments
I just wish i could knock on the house next door to check out their boiler,
im actually have to size 2 boilers for a leisure centre for my building services assignment.

cheer's for the help

The Boiler Size Calculator will tell you what size boiler you need, if you have a hot water cylinder.

If you are installing a combi boiler, the size is determined by the cold water flow rate. You should allow 2.5kW for each litre per minute flow rate.

You can check the cold water flow rate at the kitchen sink using a bucket (most have litre markings on the inside) and a watch.

2.5kW/litre/min will give a temperature rise of 35C, e.g. from 10C to 45C. This is more than adequate for baths and showers. Installing a larger boiler will make the water hotter; it will not increase the flow rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sizing a boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back