Discuss Siting of a hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I would be grateful for the following help

I have a client who has a 1 bedroomed flat where I need to site a new hot water cylinder. The cylinder is for hot water for a shower a washbasin and kitchen sink

As the property is small and to save space I was wondering if I could site the cylinder in the roof space.

I beleve it is good practise to have a min of 1 meter difference from the cold water storage cistern to the top of the shower rose to create enough pressure for the shower.

What I am planning is to have the cistern and the cylinder in the roof space. I also may need to put a shower pump in the roof space to ensure enough pressure for the shower.

Now I would have a cistern a cylinder and pump in the roof space, which again may take up some extra room, can you get a cylinder with a built in pump

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Paul

Hi. Have you considered unvented system. Providing the mains pressure /volume is ok is probably a cheaper /easier option.

it is quite common, and quite easy to relocate a tank and cylinder into a loft, the biggest consideration is the structural impact, 1 ltr of water weighs about 1kg, so seriuos consideration needs to be given to the load you are shifting to the roof beams

i agree with Justlead. Check your mains water pressure and, if it's good enough, bang in either unvented or a combi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Siting of a hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock