Search the forum,

Discuss Shower temperature is too hot now combi boiler has been installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Connor Williams

Hello, I am having problems with the temperature of my shower since I have had a new Combi boiler installed. The shower is a single lever mixer valve and I can no longer get the right temperature as the water gets too hot.
Should I install a gate valve and reduce the pressure of the hot so the cold water can help reduce the temperature or is a special shower cartridge required?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

All the best,
Connor

Turn the boiler dhw temperature down? If you can't adjust the temperature, get the installer back to check the temperature at the taps

It could be that you've got a manual mixer cartridge and not a thermostatic one.

The only way you'd know is by taking the cartridge out and having a look.

Thanks for the help, the shower is not mixing the water at all, it is either very hot or completely cold. The Combi is a Worcester Greenstar 24i jr, there is no temperature gauge for the hot water and it should be fixed at 55 degrees but it seems a lot hotter.
Silly question but what is the difference I should notice in a manual and thermostatic cartridge?
I have unscrewed the spindle and the cartridge has a spring and short black rubber tip inside, is this thermostatic?
Many thanks for the help, greatly appreciated!

All the best,
Connor

Depends on the make of shower, a thermostatic cartridge will mix the temp for you and (unless it is knackered) will do its best to regulate the temperature. These come in different guises, low pressure and high pressure.

A manual mixer is as it says you stand in the shower mixing the temperature to suit yourself.

Most showers with a manual mixer can be upgraded, I think that you either have a manual mixer OR a knackered cartridge OR an unsuitable cartridge for your boiler.

You now have a high pressure system. If you've gone from combi to combi, nothing much should have changed

IMO the first step I'd take is replacing the cartridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower temperature is too hot now combi boiler has been installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock