Discuss safty release valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulgid

hi all
can the safty release out let be bent so it is facing out side brick work or does it need to be brought down to ground level. not sure of regs
regards paul

hi all
can the safty release out let be bent so it is facing out side brick work or does it need to be brought down to ground level. not sure of regs
regards paul
for safety i always take ground floor boilers down to about 3 inches from floor above this i turn them back to wall anything higher than my three piece ladder goes straight out
the logic being even boiling water would be cold after dropping 40 ft

Do you mean the discharge pipe from an un-vented cylinder? If you do it is possible to have the discharge pipe bent back to face the wall. I do not think this is the preferred option as Steve says it is better to take it to ground level. You would also have to get Building Control to accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to safty release valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
I live in a shared building with a flat above me. My upstairs neighbour has just fitted an unvented hot water cylinder. The plumber has run the...
Replies
Views
Evening all, At risk of blabbing on i'll try keep this short. I recently replaced an old vented hot water system with a unvented system We went...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock