Discuss Quality Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puddle

Got stitched up by triton today
After saying how good they are yesterday it had to happen
Went to repair a Hans grohe intregrated power shower today with a new motor sent through by triton as they make them apparently,no unit isolation so had to isolate at tank in roof,as motor unit before unit on /off mixer knob,any way replaced unit and tested ,no water out of shower head,thought bit of rubbish some were or air lock,isolated removed ,all seemed ok replaced same thing,up in loft isolate again remove motor,up in loft ,flush water through pipe work,all ok,down from loft,check all again,looked down plastic outlet of motor,to find no outlet,no hole ,just plastic casing,someone forgot to punch out hole for water to exit pump housing, removed and fitted one off old pump unit,up in loft,down from loft,all ok will be sending back to triton ,hopefully get some freebies,but wasted so much time
Its the first time I have had to go in a loft for ages due to combi's and lack of tanks about but made up for it today,must have pulled myself up and down out of loft five or six times,sods law only had my small steps
Same thing happened to me years ago with a grunfoss pump,I did a boiler change ,fitted a potteton kingfisher,that how long ago it was,refilled system and water would not circulate around system,was there hours,removed pump and fitted wrong way round to see if it would move any air lock,just as I was going to re fit noticed inside outlet was blocked ,looked closer and found metal casting must have been faulty as no out let hole,changed bottom half of pump and fitted,system worked perfect straight away
Had it in my van for ages ,merchant gave me a new pump but was going to send to grunfoss but never got round to it,missed out there I thinks :(

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe you could take their survey instead and get a free tool !
;)

Bought a load of backplate elbows for outside taps once, fastened one up and found it leaking. Took ages to work out but there was a split in the casting where the thread had been cut out. Looked at the rest and they were all like that.

Had a set of wall mounted taps that screwed onto male threads poking out of wall, no threads had been cut on the tap back nuts.
I once had a kit kat that had no biscuit in it, just chocolate, it was delicous!

once had ferroli venturies that had not been drilled out

haha, reading this made me remember a mains supply shower i fitted about 15yrs ago, chased out wall fitted pipe, plastered up fitted shower and couldnt get any water out, stripped out valve, no prob, stripped out and changed shower, still didnt work, thought there must be a blockage in pipe so rigged up temp supply and opened valve, still no water, turns out brass elbow wasnt drilled out, f**k me took me ages to sort it out caause i never thought for a minute the bend would be faulty

A customer bought a shower mixer in the closing down sale of our local plumbers merchants last year. After fitting it I turned on the water and it sprayed everywhere. Then I discovered that it was a display model minus the cartridge. Cost the customer an additional £80 for the cartridge!

I had one of those Kit Kats too once.

Once got a Yorkshire curd tart which someone had forgotten to put the currants in.

Last edited:
I had a doughnut from the local bakery once and it didnt have any jam in. Told the girl on the counter a few days later and she gave me two free ones!
Had a few yorkshire fittings without solder in. Spent ages heating the pipe/fittings but no solder.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quality Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back