Search the forum,

Discuss pulsacoil 2000 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

n.d.b.pluming

Hi has any one worked on this system? I was called round on a job, the owner had no hot water so I checked the whole system out, the small header tank was empty so I refilled it which then got the boiler heating up. There is still no hot water mixing in the exchange unit. The hot feed into the exchange unit is fine, but the cold main feed in is staying cold and is not drawing heat off the hot water side.

The water pump doesn't seem to be flowing I am just wondering if it could be a sensor or circuit board problem as the pump is controlled by the board.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Neill

Pulsacoil Repairs

[DLMURL]http://www.gledhill.net/pdfmanuals/User%20Instructions/PulsaCoil2000%20User.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link, but I had already been there and the only thing I could see similar was the exchanger unit might be scaled up which I will check first, everything else on the unit is fine.
They appear to have a lot of common problems.

There is a flow sensor on these that are a comman fault. When mains is run it tells the pump for the heat exchanger to run. Its a screw in sensor and three wires. Easy job. Just make sure you are doing the correct sensor.

Gledhill technical support are very helpful so you can always contact them with any queries.

I'd just like to say we've been having problems with out pulsacoil 2000. Firstly the stat's needed replacing now the pump won't turn off unless the whole unit is switched off. Thanks to this thread I'll ask our plumber to replace the flow meter from the pump, hopefully this will solve our problem, not to mention reduce our electric bill!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a flow sensor on these that are a comman fault. When mains is run it tells the pump for the heat exchanger to run. Its a screw in sensor and three wires. Easy job. Just make sure you are doing the correct sensor.

Gledhill technical support are very helpful so you can always contact them with any queries.[/QUOTE]

And so they should be @ £1 a minute:eek::mad:.

Gledhill technical support are very helpful so you can always contact them with any queries.[/QUOTE]

And so they should be @ £1 a minute:eek::mad:.

oh yes as i found out recently rip off merchants!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pulsacoil 2000 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock