Discuss pressurised stainless steel hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slandi

Hello - I have a pressurised stainless steel hot water tankintstalled but low water pressure. Consequently if someone is in the shower and any other tap in the house is used, the shower dies. Is it possible to add a storage tank of hot or cold water to this system? Sam

Hi. If it difficult to increase the main supply (more volume) Have a look at the possibility of fitting an accumulator.

has it always been like this or new install or just started?

I used to have two rectangulertanks (I think they were called coffin tanks) and a hot water tank (cylinder shaped), all in the loft. My shower was on the next floor down and worked on head of pressure. This worked fine and was not effected if someone flushed the loo or used the washing machine. I have just had a loft conversion to gain a second loo and shower room, so the plumber recommended a pressurized h/w tank - so the shower in the loft would work with no head of pressure. This was more expensive than relocating my existing tanks, which were only 8 years old. I have not had the 2nd shower installed yet, but my first shower, that used to work fine, now dies if someone else uses the loo, turns a tap on .... nightmare. Hence my question on this site. I wanted to find out about my options. Sam

either increase the mains diameter coming into house or as said add an accumulator

if mains coming into the house is only 1 bar then your going ot have a problem on the third floor

Hi - I've had the water co test the pressure and apparently it's 2 bar / 16 litres per min.

ide get back the plumber, if mains is under sized or not adequete pressure its down to him to check before fitting a new system! he should have took a working pressure and flow rate before. but on pressures and flow quoted shower should be fine as long as its not a multiple head/body jet shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressurised stainless steel hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back