Discuss Potterton Netaheat failing to light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plucky

Customer calls me got a Netaheat 10/16 failing to light. Fans runs clicks and pilot is on.

Im guessing gas solenoid valve or Control Board.

Havent had much to do with these boilers any other things to look out for?

Maybe check for black dust blocking the inlet filter of the gas valve?

are you getting voltage at the gas valve if not prob the relay

voltsticks are good, for that sort of thing
use one just touching the wire to make sure electricity is getting there
use the magnetic one on the solenoid itself to make sure its opening.

about a tenner each

shaun

I am always wary about Nettaheats. Went to a site once where one had blown up.

It was on an open vented system with the cold feed taken directly into the back of the boiler. The cold feed fitting had corroded internally and stopped the system water from being able to expand or make up. Theoretically I suppose it should have vented out, before it went bang, but it never for some reason. Probably on the basis that if the cold feed fitting had corroded there was a reasonable chance the vent fitting would have as well.

And yes it was a mess.

And they had only just been serviced, but being fair there was no way you could tell there was a problem if you did not check for expansion and make up down the cold supply from the header tank or how high the water was expanding up the vent.

Lets be honest, the heat of the boiler conducts up the surrounding pipework as well as the hot water and so feeling the pipes alone could make you think it was okay. But the make up water in the header tank should have been checked.

A lesson learnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Netaheat failing to light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back