Discuss Old Size Radiator Bleed Key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
crappy keys get worn out very easy, maybe thats what has happened, my clock type one is the best one ive had and has lasted the longest

i like the rad manufacturer that includes plastic bleed keys in the fitting packs whats that about?

my engineer says the silver bleed keys, are slightly tighter than the brass gold ones. Dont know if hes chatting lies though :)
Your engineer is correct, they are a bit tighter,( at least, some are ), as are the ones on a thin bar. Just noticed: the thin bar type are the ones Gas man has pointed to- called rear bleed keys.

Last edited:
On certain clock types, it helps to grind down the face on a bench grinder.

For some reason the manufacturers splay the opening on each side. By grinding it down you are left with a simple square hole in the end. My younger brother taught me this, and I now do it to batches of keys as I lose them so often.

I keep my clock type rad key on my car key ring. That way I always have it to hand and if I lose it I know I'm stuffed for getting home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Size Radiator Bleed Key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am looking to bleed the radiators in my rented flat as winter is now starting to kick in and want things to work as efficiently as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock