Search the forum,

Discuss Old outside tap hosepipe connection -which size ? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke.
The top of the old broken connector still screws on but the 3/4 ones I've bought don't fit.
I've thought of buying female brass hosepipe connector might solve it . Seems very basic I know . Is it a 5/8 size ? Seems odd I could buy a connection that worked a few years ago but not now ? Trying to avoid fitting a new garden tap šŸ˜Š
Outside tap 2.jpg
Outsidetape1.jpg

Perhaps it could be an 1ā€ thread.
No - definitely not 1" - that's too big. Checked with a plumbing supplies store in person. I have Hozelock and other 3/4 adaptors which are not working with male screw on tap . Another plumbing stockist has said it's likely to oe 5/8 size as 7/8 size pretty much unheard of on household external taps. I've seen comments elsewhere that some old Imperial measurement outside taps that have installed a 5/8 adaptor to join to a 3/4 hosepipe connection . Thanks for your suggestions anyway.šŸ˜Š

Reply to Old outside tap hosepipe connection -which size ? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock