Discuss oil boilers do i need qualifications or registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simonjohns is right if you install and you are not oftec you contravene buildingregs and they can prosecute you, you can apply for planning and pay the appropriate fee.

nope not at the moment - but most people look for oftec reg when looking for someone to work on a boiler - and my guess is - soon it will be a requirement to be oftec reg.

WRONG - and it never will be as the installation, replacement, and servicing of oil fired boilers does not have the backing of the health and safety inspectorate - unlike the legislation in regards to gas boilers

someone is on the oftec warpath... even necrobumping old threads to hammer the point home :D

someone is on the oftec warpath... even necrobumping old threads to hammer the point home :D

It would seem this stems from his mate Tom supposedly being prosecuted 3 1/2 years
ago for fitting an oil boiler. Has even dragged up 6year old threads in the past as part of his argument.

His wife is a lawyer so he must be right!

Why the 3 1/2 year wait though is anybody's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil boilers do i need qualifications or registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please can anyone help or point me in the right direcrion. I have recently completed a 18 month bpec management learning programme...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, i've just moved into a property last month and begun to take note of things that may need attention. One of which is the feed to a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock