Discuss oil boilers do i need qualifications or registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heatman

i know with gas work we must have ACS qualifications and GASSAFE
but to work on oil boilers do i need qualifications and do i need to be part of any registration body?

nope not at the moment - but most people look for oftec reg when looking for someone to work on a boiler - and my guess is - soon it will be a requirement to be oftec reg.

qplumb, wheres that from? iwas reliably informed by my trainer i had to be qualified and oftec registered - just to have my governing body, are you saying thats not right?
another waste of 700quid ? on all my forms cd10,t1's etc i have to put in my oftec reg number, on manufacturers instalation instructions i am asked to fill in these forms therefore if i cant complete the forms im not complying to instructions ?

what about just doing repairs ? with no filling out manufacturers literature ?? i have had 3 calls over last week if i repair these !

true, but you still need to fill out the oiltank/fire assesment paperwork

from what i gather - if you are oftec registered then you can be prosecuted for bad workmanship e.g for the boiler to be signed off you have to give your oftec number, but if you install a boiler you cannot legally be prosecuted as there are no regs in place - so your worse off if you do something incompetent if your reg with oftec than you are if your not.

look this up though migo - as i am not oftec reg but my boss has installed oil boilers that have not been signed off as there isnt a requirement the same as gas and this was his and another bloke who was oftecs view on things ???

gonna do it on monday, if what you say is even slightly true, id be better off to un register. will post in a couple of days as i wont have time monday

no worrys matey let me know what you fond cos if its not true then my boss and loads others i know are breaking the law.

There was a court case a few years back and the guy won. Meaning you only need oftec to install/commission new.

If you have no oftec there are ways around it.

New installs u can have building control have a look at it.

Servicing requires you to be competent, little bit grey but after the court case u don't have to have oftec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil boilers do i need qualifications or registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please can anyone help or point me in the right direcrion. I have recently completed a 18 month bpec management learning programme...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, i've just moved into a property last month and begun to take note of things that may need attention. One of which is the feed to a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock