Discuss Notify LABC of new boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Monkfish

Okay, so I've had my new boiler installed and commissioned. Do I now need to notify the LABC to get a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate? If so, how do I go about this?

Okay, so I've had my new boiler installed and commissioned. Do I now need to notify the LABC to get a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate? If so, how do I go about this?
?:confused:

your installer will notify gas safe of your new boiler and they will issue the cert

That's what I feared. I don't have much confidence that my plumbers will do that. It took me 8 months just to get them back in to commission the thing. They turned up today, filled out the commissioning form in about 10 minutes and left. They didn’t take any paperwork with them… apart from my Warmfront voucher. I'm happy they've finally put their John Hancock to my system, but as they were under the impression that they had already commissioned the boiler and I hadn't received a certificate in the intervening 8 months, I have little faith that their 10 minute stay today will change anything. I think this is going to be down to me.

If you think that they are rouges u can always ask Gas safe register for a safty visit to check it out and pass the details on to them.
If they wernt any warentee on the boiler will be void!
Your GSR installer should notify the work to GSR who then put the whole process in motion on the installers behalf, because he is known to them as a competent person!
hope this helps you!
PAUL

Thanks Paul. I've got the commissioning sheet with their signature and Gas Safe number. I’m sure they are legit, I just don't have any faith in them doing any paperwork. How long would it normally take for the certificate to come through? Who should I contact to make sure the certificate is in the works?

Its my understanding that all building regulations notifications are the reponsibility of the householder, and most notifications for any sort of work will start at a cost £60 plus and rising. With that in mind certified tradesmen are allowed to notify their own work, and we can do so through approved companies ie Gas Safe and niciec?. If your installer has failed to notify building regs, you can ask them to register the boiler or you can do it yourself , for a much larger fee!!!. If your rgi fails to respond to your request, chase theM up via trading standards and get building regs to assist you as well, they can initiate action if your boiler has been installed poorly as can gas safe. get out there and kick Ar*e if you want a response from your installer

Last edited by a moderator:
The notification are normally through in a week or two!
Good luck!

The notification are normally through in a week or two!
Good luck!

Recently the ones I have done through gas safe have come back within three or four days !!,could not believe the good response :)

I sent the certs with the invoices everything all sorted together,very nice

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, that information helps. I contacted LABC and was told:

"The fitters should have contacted them with regards to the Compliance Certificate, but we always strongly recommend that you do this also, as some companies can be unreliable."

So I'll give it a couple of weeks for the fitters to get their act together, and then give my local authority a ring to make sure they have notification (if I haven't received the cert by then).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Notify LABC of new boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock