Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss NOTIFICATION of unvented cylinder? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heatman

i have an unvented ticket, do i have to do NOTIFICATION of unvented cylinder? if yes how do i go about it?

Presuming your doing a new instal you have to contact the local building control chaps. You can do this via a phone call.:)

do they charge for this ?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]what is the best price for - Competent Person Scheme for unvented?
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not been charged don't know whether this is a county thing though:rolleyes:

you can notify via gas safe and it comes through like an appliance notice. If its a new build the plans should show the unvented cyl and the owner/project manager is responsible for notifying the building regs of proposed works, you should advice them of this. For an instal later in a refurb the owner is responsible for notifying building regs and you should let them know this, however most ask you the plumber to deal with it which is ok as you just charge for your time!

Unless you are on a compertant person scheme then you need to get a small works notice from building control, then they will come and inspect it as sign it off. It is not your responsability to do this, it falls on the home owner / developer / builder, but I like to make sure it gets done.

i just logged into gas safe website and went to JOB NOTIFICATION
but can only see notification of gas work. am i missing something??

i think the house owner whos been overseeing whole referb and extention may force me to pay for NOTIFICATION of cylinder. ()

i can do the boiler thats no problem.

I have notified several unvented systems via gas safe . look a bit harder Heatman

:) i must be blind lol i just cant see it any ideas?

cant see unvented - its a santon premier plus 300 unvented

k9c6xh.jpg

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 138
On my system under appliances you have 8 choices inc unvented cyls, does gas safe have your unvented quals shown on their system, prehaps you cant see it because they dont believe your qualified to work on them hence no option to sign them off?

NOTIFICATION mandatory but legalised robbery in short money for nothing a rip off!!!

i think its a call to gas safe tommorow to see if they need to add my unvented qualification, do you have the unvented on your gas safe card?

just looked under Work Category Description on website and its hasnt got unvented added

Pipework DOM NG (CORE)
Cookers DOM NG
Range Cookers/HW Boilers DOM NG
Fires/Space Heaters DOM NG
Water Heaters DOM NG
Central Heating DOM NG
Combustion Performance Analysis NG
Vented Cylinders
Flue Liners

do you have the unvented on your gas safe card?

NOTIFICATION mandatory but legalised robbery in short money for nothing a rip off!!!

I'd rather pay gas safe £2.30 or wot ever it is than £60 to my local building regs, and I cant see why your being ripped off, I just charge the customer the fee and the time spent sitting at my computer, it is done for the best reasons so why dont we quit winging every time some one mentions notification, its becoming very boring and lifes to short.:rolleyes: why not try another trade?

i think theres a wrong understanding i dont mind paying £5 if i can do it on gassafe, the local building control on there website says £230 for small works and dont want to pay that !

i think theres a wrong understanding i dont mind paying £5 if i can do it on gassafe, the local building control on there website says £230 for small works and dont want to pay that !

i was asked for other quals when i registered, just tick in a box and maybe a photocopy of the qual so cannot recal. i dont really practice plumbing much now but keep up ll my quals. its all built into the cost

gave gas safe a call and they asked for copy of unvented certificate to be faxed over or posted, now they have added it. many thanks for help

If you are in OFTEC you can register on their scheme for unvented notification. £100 for 5 years plus whatever it costs per notification.

Can i drag up this thread?
What if youve replaced a 'like for like' unvented cylinder, does this require notification? Obviously the installer has his unvented 'ticket' but is not a member of Gas Safe or OFTEC.
Whats the procedure?

If replacing an unvented cylinder with another unvented cylinder then no you do not have to notify as it should already be registered with building control, having said that it is still worth contacting building control as many installers do not register their installations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NOTIFICATION of unvented cylinder? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I’ve purchased a new build property and had a few issues with the unvented hot water system. I’ve now asked the developer, builder and plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm a competent DIYer with an engineering background and am active in Heritage Buildings. I never touch anything I'm not allowed to...
Replies
Views
I have recently moved into a house with the following heating system: Traditional boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri 24 with only one temperature...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock