Search the forum,

Discuss No pressure continued, but i have pressure from the water tank above... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

macdonald

Hi

I recently posted a question about having no pressure in my flat. I have had a new CH system installed with combi boiler but there's no water pressure now in the flat. So nothings working and i have no water. I received some helpful advice. Although i havent called in a new plumber as yet due to a manic pre christmas. I am not living here so time is on my side.

So, I have 2 mains pipes connected into my flat, one is connected to the bathroom and the other the kitchen. Both have water metres. And now poor pressure. I will be asking a new independent plumber to look into what has happened but i wanted to ask a new question...

I have found another water pipe that leads into my flat from the loft (it's a block of flats). This pipe has the ideal water pressure. Can i tie this into my flat and use this water or is it foolish and unadvisable to use water from an internal tank if it's to heat a combi system? Could there be a back flow - and should all water into a combi system come from the mains?

I look forward to your comments.

Thank you all again,

Mia

bit of a confesion here there is a combi in london running of a tank ifitted the boiler for a relative and teed of from the supply to an electric shower to feed boiler assuming it was mains fed only realised when the heating only fills to 0,6 bar and it works fine

Hi

I recently posted a question about having no pressure in my flat. I have had a new CH system installed with combi boiler but there's no water pressure now in the flat. So nothings working and i have no water. I received some helpful advice. Although i havent called in a new plumber as yet due to a manic pre christmas. I am not living here so time is on my side.

So, I have 2 mains pipes connected into my flat, one is connected to the bathroom and the other the kitchen. Both have water metres. And now poor pressure. I will be asking a new independent plumber to look into what has happened but i wanted to ask a new question...

I have found another water pipe that leads into my flat from the loft (it's a block of flats). This pipe has the ideal water pressure. Can i tie this into my flat and use this water or is it foolish and unadvisable to use water from an internal tank if it's to heat a combi system? Could there be a back flow - and should all water into a combi system come from the mains?

I look forward to your comments.

Thank you all again,

Mia

2 water meters?

so you have two water bills then? i would get it changed so you only have one mains in with one water meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No pressure continued, but i have pressure from the water tank above... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header tank? ie to place some sort of control elsewhere in the feed pipe before the water gets to the header tank - turning off the mains water supply would...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock