Discuss No hot water pressure! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jon13

I have no hot water pressure in my home. Kitchen tap is ok with cold, slow with hot. Upstairs bathroom is ok cold, hot slow especially the bath. No pressure in the shower hot or cold. Water board say it isn't there problem, tried opening the stopcock right open but made no difference. Help! :eek:

how long have you had this problem?whats your cold water flow rate?
si

about 2 or 3 weeks. the cold comes out ok, not as fast as it did before though. couldnt say what the 'rate' is? The shower doesn't work hot or cold.

From your initial post sounds like you suspect a drop in mains water pressure, since you called out the water board. Is there a pressure reducing valve in the system ?

place a measuring jug under the cold water tap and measure how many litres per minute you can get:)
si

sounds like mains pressure related. could be a problem with stop tap - or even the stopcock in the road?

the water board say its not their problem if the cold water pressure is ok downstairs. i'll check the flow rate, is there a minimum?

ive also tried opening the stop tap more but this made no difference. any ideas?:(

I agree with all the posts here, there does seem to be a problem with pressure. You can test the pressure on the system by using a pressure gauge, you can probably buy one from B & Q or such like shop. Its normally 3 bar(ish).

The water board always say its not there problem. Speak to your neighbours and see if they have the same problem. Especially if they're on a combi boiler. Hopefully, they've got the problem and you can re-contact the water board and tell them it is there problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water pressure! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock